Georgina is a counsellor, child & family psychotherapist and sensorimotor psychotherapist who works with children, adolescents, adults, families and couples. Georgina also provides training, professional development and clinical supervision.
Georgina works with a range of emotional, adjustment and relationship issues. Georgina’s specialist practice is in the areas of bonding & attachment and trauma recovery particularly when the trauma has occurred within the context of a relationship.
Georgina Anderson Counsellor provides a safe and non-judgmental space to explore the difficulties, struggles or traumas of life and relationships to find healthy, effective ways of dealing with them. Georgina’s approach is holistic and requires understanding the past and the present as well as thinking patterns, emotional experience and somatic experience.
Georgina also provides EMOTIONAL REGULATION THERAPY for children, adolescents and adults.
Georgina believes her therapy will help you to understand yourself and your relationships, to find alternative healthy ways of coping with your emotions, develop resilience and experience increasing levels of satisfaction and enjoyment in your life.
Georgina’s life passion is to provide hope for hurting people and see them restored to live life to the full.
• Mental Health Practitioner (PACFA)
• Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level One
• Masters Degree in Psychotherapy & Counselling (University of Ballarat)
• Accreditation in Adult Attachment from the University of California at Berkeley,
• Diploma Christian Counselling & Family Therapy (Australian Institute of Family Counselling)
• Sensorimotor Psychotherapist (SPI)
• Trainer & Facilitator Lifekeys Recovery Groups,
• Full clinical member of CAPAV and PACFA
• Registered clinical supervisor CAPAV.